Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations ( Bricklaying )
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in bricklayer or blocklayer within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
This qualification supports the Learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge. Although part of an apprenticeship, this qualification is available outside of an apprenticeship where either the learner’s circumstances prevent them undertaking a full apprenticeship or where their prior skills and knowledge mean they do not require all components of the apprenticeship. In addition, industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Erecting Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Setting Out Masonry Structures in the Workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in one of the following optional units:
- Erecting Masonry Cladding in the workplace
- Erecting thin joint masonry structures in the workplace
- Placing and Finishing Non-Specialist Concrete in the Workplace
- Maintaining Slate and Tile Roofing in the Workplace
- Repairing and Maintaining Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Installing Drainage in the Workplace
- Producing Internal Solid Plastering Finishes in the Workplace
- Producing External Solid Render Finishes in the Workplace
Within this occupational area we offer other qualifications with a similar name:
- Level 1 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Heritage Skills - Brick Worker
This NVQ qualification requests the learner to demonstrate, in a real workplace environment, that you are competent against a set of performance statements. You are assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you through your programme of learning.
- Entry Level 3 Award in Bricklaying
- Level 1 Award in Bricklaying
- Level 1 Certificate in Bricklaying
- Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying
- Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying
This level 2 qualification will give you a robust understanding of Trowel Occupations.
This means you will learn the skills, knowledge and understanding required for you to enter work or progress onto the level 3 in Trowel Occupations.
You do not need any prior qualifications to undertake this level 2 qualifications however it is recommended that you complete the level 1 in Trowel Occupations which will give you the underpinning knowledge and skills required to complete this level 2 qualification. If you have already undertaken a level 1 qualification in Trowel Occupations, a similar qualification or have relevant experience, you may already have the skills and knowledge required to undertake this qualification.
This is an NVQ qualification and competence can only be demonstrated in a work environment. On completion, other job roles could include:
Thin joint installer
External render installer
Non-specialist concrete operative
Maintenance operative – masonry
Alternatively, you can progress on to the following qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Occupational work supervision
This qualification also sits within a Construction Apprenticeship Framework in England and Wales and can be taken alongside the following qualifications in contribution towards achievement of a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Bricklaying:
- Level 2 Diploma in Trowel Occupations
- Level 1 Award in Employee Rights and Responsibilities
LEVEL 2 NVQ CONSTRUCTION TRADE (VARIOUS)
Description: To gain to the Blue ‘Skilled Worker’ CSCS card (Formwork/Steel Fixing etc)
- 15% discount, bespoke pricing dependent on numbers
NUMBER OF NVQ’S
Get in contact with us today on 01189 700200 and we will talk you through the NVQ programmes we have available. Our professional and friendly construction training specialists are certain to provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary for you to take your career further.