Confined Space with Full B/A
Confined Space Entry and Working Safely With Full B.A. Including Confined Space First Aid, CPR and Resuscitation
Who Should Attend?
This confined space training programme is designed for Managers, Supervisors and Operatives who may who may be required to make an emergency evacuation from a confined space using escape breathing apparatus, enter into confined space with full working breathing apparatus to carry out a variety of work activities or carry out basic first aid.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of confined spaces, the associated legislation, approved code of practice (ACOP), the dangers associated with confined spaces and the ability to enter, work and leave them safely by horizontal and/or vertical entry. To be able to stabilise a casualty with appropriate first aid and administer medical oxygen in the absence of a First Aider.
Confined space training course content
- Confined Space Regulations 1997, associated legislation and ACOP
- Methods of risk control Atmospheric monitoring
- Health hazards and control
- Safety equipment and pre-use checks
- Escape and full working breathing apparatus
- First Aid Regulations 1981
- Airway management and oxygen therapy
- The respiratory and circulatory systems
- Wounds and the control of bleeding
- Management of an unconscious casualty
- The causes and treatment of shock, fractures and burns
- CPR and oxygen resuscitation
- Secondary assessment and the recovery position
- Practical exercise(s) and assessment
Our comprehensive CITB accreditation applies to all of the training courses that we offer, ensuring that you receive vocational training of the utmost quality within the construction industry.
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
- Summarize the requirements of the relevant regulations for confined space and first aid
- Identify a confined space and its reasonable foreseeable risks then select appropriate methods of risk control
- Select appropriate safety equipment that may be used when entering a confined space and carry out appropriate pre-use checks
- Conduct an entry into a confined space using escape and full working breathing apparatus
- Record and report accidents and injuries in the workplace (RIDDOR) and maintain first aid kit Perform basic life support and first aid
Costs and Dates
Any Date. 1 weeks notice at a minimum
For training course overviews, please click the relevant course title above. For course dates and costs, please view our current courses page or contact a member of our team on 01189 700200.