How to get a Blue CPCS Competent Operator Card ?
Blue Competent Operator Card
What is a Blue Competent Operator Card?
The Blue Competent Operator Card confirms you have demonstrated a level of health, safety and environment awareness through the CITB health, safety and environment test, underpinning knowledge through a CPCS theory test, operating ability through a CPCS practical test and operating competence on the type of plant evidenced by a SVQ or NVQ.
The Blue Competent Operator Card has a five-year life and is renewable.
How to get a CPCS Blue Competent Operator Card ?
To get this card you need to:
- provide proof of achievement of the SVQ or NVQ for the category being applied for to the CPCS Test Centre
- pass the relevant CITB health, safety and environment test
- achieve the CPCS theory test (within two years of the CITB health, safety and environment test)
- achieve the CPCS practical test (within six months of the CPCS theory test and within two years of the CITB health, safety and environment test)
- Both CPCS theory and practical tests are delivered by an accredited CPCS test centre,
On achievement of the CPCS practical test, the CPCS test centre will request the competent operator card on your behalf.
On receipt of your first competent operator card, you will be sent a CPCS logbook. The role of the logbook is to record life-long learning and evidence towards the renewal of a competent operator card.
You can also apply for this card over the phone by calling 01189 700200 you will need to email evidence of your professional membership to email@example.com prior to calling.
(*CITP – Construction Industry Training Providers – is a limited company providing commercial training to industry and is in no way connected to CITB – the Construction Industry Training Board – a charity dedicated to industry standards.)