Confined Spaces with B/A
Confined Space Entry & the use of Escape Breathing Apparatus
Who Should Attend?
This programme is designed for Managers, Supervisors and Operatives who will have to enter a confined space for work and may be required to make an emergency evacuation from a confined space using escape breathing apparatus
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of confined spaces, the associated legislation, approved code of practice (ACOP), dangers associated with confined spaces and to the ability to enter, work and leave them safely by horizontal and/or vertical entry.
- Confined Space Regulations 1997, associated legislation and ACOP
- Methods of risk control
- Atmospheric monitoring
- Health hazards and control
- Safety equipment and pre-use checks
- Escape breathing apparatus
- Practical exercise and assessment
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the Confined Space legislation and the associated ACOP
- Identify a confined space and its reasonable foreseeable specified risks
- Select appropriate methods of risk control
- Select appropriate safety equipment that may be used when entering a confined space and carry out appropriate pre-use checks
- Conduct an entry into a confined space using escape breathing apparatus and
- appropriate ancillary safety equipment, in a safe and efficient manner
To include practical exercises and group participation in the classroom.
All CITP training courses are CITB accredited to guarantee you gain the very highest quality of construction industry tuition.
Dates and Costs
Any Date. 1 weeks notice at a minimum.
Call 01189 700 200 or email email@example.com for locations.