CPCS A40 Signaller/Slinger Training
Our signaller/slinger training courses are set out to make sure you understand everything to do with that specific role within the construction industry. Our experienced and professional team will provide you with all the information you need and provide help and assistance to ensure you get the construction training your looking for.
Signaller and Slinger Training Course Aims
To deliver thorough practical and theory-based signaller and slinger training to allow the candidate to competently and safely conduct the construction plant operating role and pass the CPCS Signaller/Slinger training course Theory and Practical Tests. CPCS Slinger Signaller training is very crucial for any operating role within the construction industry. Both signaller and slinger training creates an efficient workforce that will ensure your construction work is completed efficiently to the exact requirements.
Signaller/Slinger Training Course Content
- Establishing the weight and dimensions of loads and communicating this information to the crane operator
- Selecting appropriate lifting tackle, attaching and detaching it correctly and safely
- Directing the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions, giving clear and unambiguous signals in such a manner as to ensure the safety of personnel and plant
- Determining the serviceability of lifting tackle maintaining and storing it correctly
- The duties and responsibilities, as required by statute, of a slinger/signaller
- The effects of load movement on the stability of a crane
- Potential hazards associated with crane operation how to overcome them
- The effect of varying the angles of multi-leg slings and how to calculate their safe working loads
- Methods of establishing weights and dimensions of loads
- The standard code of plant equipment signals
- Operator problems of crane control
- Automatic safe load indicators
- Crane safety devices
Duration of Signaller and Slinger Training
|Number of Slinger Training Days Required Novice|
(Less than 1 years or no operational experience)
|Number of Slinger Training Days Required if an Intermediate (1-2 Years Operational Experience)||Number of training days required if experienced (2+ years operational experience)||Test Only Option|
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
Signaller and Slinger Training Location
CITP Ltd, Budds Plantation, Baughurst Road, Aldermaston, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4PJ
We provide our signaller and slinger training courses to clients across Berkshire and Hampshire, including Padworth and Basingstoke. For more information on our CPCS A40 Slinger/Signaller training courses, give us a call today on 01189 700200 or use our enquiry form. We will go through your requirements and provide advice on what slinger training courses best suit you. If you have any questions about our slinger training courses, please get in touch.