Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SMSTS) - 2 Day
This course is spread over 2 days.
Who Should Attend?
Any person within the building, construction and civil engineering industries, who has responsibility for any part of site management for example contract, project, and site managers, foremen or engineers, quantity surveyors, planners and those training to hold such positions.
The two-day refresher course aims to:
- Improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation, and new working practices
- Legislation, ACOP updates with discussions on impact and practical aspects of compliance
- Overview of proposed/impending legislation
- HSE’s current focus on construction activities
- Accident statistics, costs, causes, management responsibilities/methods in prevention
- Safety management systems, policies, plans and performance measuring
- Communication and consultation aspects, effective use of ‘toolbox talks’ and ‘site inductions’
- Behavioural science including awareness of human error, stress and prevention
- Management of Contractors
- Prevention of accidents
- Syndicate exercises
- Motivating safety behaviour
- Planning for health and safety in relation to fire safety, working at height, manual handling, and movement of people within the context of a project
At the end of the period of training, Delegates will be:
- Aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry of best practice
- Aware of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
- More aware of their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
By the end of the course delegates will be able to: Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management and supervisory role understand their legal, moral and social obligations to maintain a healthy and safe site, as well as consider the benefits and costs of implementation to their organization, Identify and avoid potential hazards on site, prepare method statements, risk assessments and other statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act
Renewal of the nationally recognised Construction Site Managers Safety certificate (valid 5 years) will be awarded to those persons who successfully complete the course including the compulsory final examination (80% pass grade).
Date and Costs
21/03/2018 & 22/03/2018
18/07/2018 & 19/07/2018
20/11/2018 & 21/11/2018
£295.00 p/p *CITB Grant = £100.00p/p