Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) - 5 Day
This SMSTS training course is spread over 5 days.
Who Should Attend?
Any person within the building, construction and civil engineering industries, who has responsibility for any part of site management for example contract, project, and site managers, foremen or engineers, quantity surveyors, planners and those training to hold such positions.
This programme is designed to enable Managers to organise, monitor and measure both health and safety performance on site, and to establish and maintain safe systems and safe methods of work, satisfying legislative requirements from information obtained during the course together with experience gained.
- Introduction to health and safety law, duties, responsibilities, enforcement and sanctions
- Overviews/explanations of relevant construction activity legislation
- Accident costs, causes, investigation, prevention and reporting requirements
- Risk assessment and 'principles of prevention'
- Safety management systems, policies, plans, performance and measuring
- Management of Contractors
- Development of 'safe systems of work' and permit systems
- Effective communicating
- Behavioural science including awareness of human error
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Erect & Dismantle Mobile Access Towers to the required safe working level
- Use and Inspect all aspects of Aluminium Tower
- Select the correct work equipment and restraint systems to help prevent falls from height
- Carry out inspections of equipment to ensure they are safe and fit for purpose
- Keep accurate records and report dangerous occurrences in line with the legislation(RIDDOR)
- Understand the recognised “do’s & don’ts” when working with Access Towers and the associated equipment
By the end of the course delegates will be able to: Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management and supervisory role understand their legal, moral and social obligations to maintain a healthy and safe site, as well as consider the benefits and costs of implementation to their organization, Identify and avoid potential hazards on site, prepare method statements, risk assessments and other statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
If the candidate successfully passes the course, they will receive the CITB accredited certificate.
Date and Costs
12/03/2018, 13/03/2018, 19/03/2018, 20/03/2018 & 26/03/2018
09/07/2018, 10/07/2018, 16/07/2018, 17/07/2018 & 23/07/2018
05/11/2018, 06/11/2018, 12/11/2018, 13/11/2018 & 19/11/2018
£525.00 p/p *Available CITB Grant = £250.00 p/p
Call 01189 700 200 or email email@example.com