Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) in Basingstoke
Working throughout Basingstoke we provide first class industry leading training for all first line managers or those soon to be, are highly encouraged to enrol themselves on our Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS).
We offer an introduction in health and safety, welfare and environmental issues for those requiring and understanding of their legal duties relevant to their working day. During the course you build a valuable pool of knowledge that will help boost your career chances in the long term whilst short term you will be able to give valuable assistance in safely managing a construction site.
An understanding of how health and safety law works is vital in a role as a supervisor on a construction site. Here at CITP we will equip you with the knowledge that best serves you and the staff that you will be supervising. The course will be over two days and will involve some minor coursework and an exam at the end of the second day.
To book yourself or someone else on to this course please call our expert training providers on 01189 700 200.
- What will be covered on the SSTS course:
- Health & safety law
- Developing a health & safety management system
- Occupational health
- Fire prevention & control
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Hazardous substances
- Working at height
- Manual handling
- Accidents and first aid
- Toolbox talks
Attending the course will enable you to:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law its structured
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safely
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Understand what is meant by proactive and reactive monitoring and appreciate their need
On completing the course successfully, you will be accredited with a CITB certificate.
To book a place on the SSSTS course please visit our contact page or call us on 01189 700 200 to speak with our specialist training providers.