Abrasive Wheels training
The aim of the Abrasive Wheels training course is to provide candidates from across Berkshire and Hampshire with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in the safe mounting and selection of Abrasive Wheels and Cutting Discs to the official NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) Standard. All candidates will be trained and tested by one of CITP’s fully CITB-accredited, expert instructors.
Training can take place either at our Berkshire (Silver Birches Yard) venue or on your very own construction site.
On successful completion of this Abrasive Wheels training course, candidates will be issued with an official NPORS Card, which is valid for 5 years.
On successful completion of the Abrasive Wheels training course, the candidate will be able to:
- Select and mount safely the correct type of disc or wheel for the task to be carried out.
- Fully understand their relevant plant equipment and abrasive wheels duties and responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Abrasive Wheels Training Course Content:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Construction (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1996
- COSSH Regulations 2002
- PPE Regulations1992
- PUWER 1998
- Safety in the use of Abrasive Wheels HS(G)17
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992
- Types and functions of abrasive wheel equipment and cutting discs
- The selection, testing, mounting and storage of abrasive wheels and cutting off discs
- The care, maintenance, transport and handling of abrasive wheels and cutting off discs
This highly interactive practical and classroom-based abrasive wheels training course concludes with practical assessment and theory tests, demonstrating the candidate's full understanding of the training.
Our abrasive wheels training course lasts 1 day and all Theory and Practical training elements will be covered in this time.
NPORS Operator card or In-House Certification
Please note that the maximum number of candidates per Abrasive Wheels training course is 6-10 (Dependant on Accreditation)
ABRASIVE WHEELS & CAT & GENNY (1 DAY) - VENUE: READING/ON-SITE
23/01/2020, 05/03/2020, 16/04/2020, 27/05/2020,
09/07/2020, 20/08/2020, 01/10/2020 & 19/11/2020
£155.00 p/p *Available CITB Grant
ABRASIVE WHEELS, INC CUTTING AND GRINDING (1 DAY) - VENUE: READING/ON-SITE
Any Date, 1 weeks notice as a minimum
£100.00 p/p *Available CITB Grant